Sunday, August 2, 2009

About

Why Have Artwalks?

For the artist: exposure

For the business owner: every person who views the art is a potential client

For the art lover: see great new art and meet artists.

This blog is dedicated to bringing the community art walks of Seattle together in one forum. I will try to inform readers of upcoming art walks, and to talk about the art walk scene in Seattle. All art walks in the area, eg. Eastside, can be included, and I encourage readers to submit their thoughts and observations on art walks they attend.

I believe art walks are great community building mechanisms. It brings people out of their homes. People talk and socialize, and meet artists. They go to businesses they normally would not go to, and maybe even buy things from them. It seems to put people in a good mood – or maybe only those in a good mood attend, don’t know.

Local artists are truly a cottage industry. What you buy, goes directly to the person who made it. A part of it is not going to a CEO making a $5 million bonus for running his company and our economy into the ground.

A piece of art can last a lifetime, and beyond. I have a couple of pieces, purchased at estate sales, one from 1958, and one from 1981. I feel good knowing I have one-of-a-kind works on my walls. Not mass produced stuff from China. My recommendation is, find something you love, then buy it.

Soon I will have a website up and running with complete information on all art walks in Washington State. More to come.

I also am on Twitter, and write about them as well, there: seattleartwalks.twitter.com

And finally, see all my art walk photos on flickr: flickr.com/photos/seattleartwalks

What would you like to read or know? Send me your ideas. Thanks for visiting my site.

Anthony Huss

About me:

Business degrees from Gonzaga University and University of Portland (MBA). Certificate in Photography from University of Washington. Professional experience in marketing and sales. Growing list of photography shows and contests, mostly in Seattle area.

Photography sites:

http://www.anthonyhussphoto.com

http://anthonyhuss.imagekind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment